- 1986 - Joint management agreement is signed with the Government. The United
missionaries and volunteers begins.
- Carolyn Sue Belshe comes and serve as the Hospital's Administrator
- Beth Ferrell comes and serves as the nursing director along with Enf. Manhique who
- 1990 - President Joaquim Chissano (now retired) visited Chicuque R. Hospital on
December 20, and left the following remarks "We congratulate the United Methodist
Church for its preseverance in the work for the benefit of mozambicans and its correct
colaboration with our State in defense of Independence, Development and Peace."
- Jeremias Franca is recruited from "Ministerio de Administracao Estatal"
- 1990 - Carolyn Belshe establishes the Teles Orphanage
- 1991 - Jeremias Franca attends International Institute for English in Tennessee - USA
- Carolyn Belshe returns to USA
- Armando Chitata is appointed Nursing Director for Chicuque Rural Hospital
- 1992 - Eugenio Numaio - Governor of Gaza Province visit chicuque and praise the
- 1993 - Mario Machungo - Prime Minister of Mozambique visit Chicuque and was
pleased with the work. He sang a Gospel song to the staff.
- 2002 - Chicuque Rural Hospital and the Marta-Maria Hospital in Germany enter into
- 2003 - July 13, Chicuque Rural Hospital develops its first Non-Governmental agency
(LIWONIGO) congragating people living wih AIDS
- 2004 -2005 Construction of the building hosting the Pharmacy, Laboratory and blood
- 2004 - The first delegation of Marta Maria visit Chicuque
- 2005 - The first delegation of Chicuque Rural Hospital visit Marta-Maria in Germany
- 2006 - Dr Paulo Ivo Garrido - Minister of Health visit Chicuque and becomes very
supportive of its initiatives.
- 2007 - Dr Paulo Ivo Garrido - Minister of Health release especial funding for construction
of security fence arround the hospital, renovations and painting of all hospital buildings
- 2006 -2008 Construction of the Day Hospital, which has become outpatient consultation
- 2008 - Aust 5th, Chicuque Rural Hospital celebrates 95 years. The Minister of Health, Dr
Paulo Ivo Garrido, dedicates the outpatiente building
- 1996-2000 - Adreas Borose - Missionary from Germany is the Hospital Administrator
- 2001 - Francisco Songane - Minister of Health visits Chicuque on August 1st and
praises the hospital for its efforts.
- 2000 - 2004 Jeremias Franca is the Administrator of Chicuque Rural Hospital
- 1999-2002 - Dr Amir Modan appointed Director of Chicuque Rural Hospital
- 2002-2004 - Dr Ladino Suade is the Director of Chicuque Rural Hospital
- 2003 - The United Methodist Churh in Mozambique receives from the Government full
responsibility for running Chicuque Rural Hospital
- 2006 - The Annual Conference in Mozambique approves the proposal for edification of
Mozambique Department of Health, much known as The Center of Hope
- 2007-2012 - Jeremias Franca appointed Director of UMC Department of Health in
- 2008 - The General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church- GBGM
assigns a Mozambican as a standard support Missionary to Chicuque Rural Hospital to
serve as Director of Health Services.
- 2009 - The Chicuque 1srt Health Symposium takes place
- 2010 - Juvencio Manhique - Surgery Tech at Chicuque Rural Hospital successfully
assists the delivery, through cesarean, of two siamese babies.
- 2011- Current date - Dr David Abrao David - Surgeon, is the Clinical Director of Chicuque
- 2012 - Construction of the first two classrooms of Mozambique Institute for Health
Sciences at Chicuque
- 2012 - Beginning of Construction of Model Maternity at Chicuque
- 2012 - The II Chicuque Health Symposium takes place
- 2012 - Chicuque Rural Hospital receives a national award for Humanization of Health
Services and quality imporvement in Mozambique
- 2013 - Chicuque Rural Hospital receives a Regional Award for humanization of health
services and quality improvement im Mozambique